Out of School Learning and Training
The Executive Directive – Out of School Learning and Training outlines how Catholic Education Western Australia Limited (CEWA) provides pathways for students to explore their transition from school to post-school opportunities in safe, supportive environments.
Sources of authority
- Catholic Education Commission Western Australia Education Policy – Effective February 2021
- Vocational Education and Training Act 1996 (WA)
- Principals provide students with opportunities to be involved in learning and training in physical settings beyond the traditional classroom environment.
- Principals have a responsibility to mitigate reasonably foreseeable risks involved with learning and training that occurs in different contexts.
- CEWA and host employers share the responsibility for ensuring the provision of adequate supervision and safety for students participating in outside of school learning and training.
- The highest emphasis is placed on the safety and wellbeing of all participants in offsite activities.
- Parents/guardians have a responsibility to provide relevant information to their child’s school when their child is participating in out of school learning and training so adequate risk management measures can be implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the student.
- The principal must ensure staff follow the Workplace Learning Processes and Procedures 2021.
- The principal must ensure staff follow the Training with External Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) Processes and Procedures 2021.